kENYA SECONDARY SCHOOL HEADS ASSOCIATION -( KSSHA)
Kenya Secondary School Heads Association is a professional organization comprising of about 7,000 members drawn from public and private Secondary Schools in the republic of Kenya. It was established in the late sixties with the sole purpose of providing professional advice to its members spread in all the 47 counties in Kenya. As a school we were proud to host this year’s Samburu county biannual students conference event, being able to host student leaders from different parts of Samburu county.
Objectives of KESSHA
- Promote the rights and responsibilities of Principals, their professional organizations and the material and ethical interests of the education profession.
- Promote the exchange of people and professional publications among the constituent groups, and encourage participation in meetings and conferences across national boundaries.
- Foster school curricula, which encourage international understanding, goodwill, respect for human rights and dignity across all races and cultures.
- Promote and encourage equal opportunities for all young persons to develop to their fullest potential in achieving a respectable and productive quality of life.
- Assist members to give effective and well directed service to their own schools and communities.
- Establish sound, co-operative liaison with the Ministry of Education, Teachers Service Commission (TSC), Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT), Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers (KUPPET), including other professional bodies within and without the country, as well as with employers interested in recruiting the services of the students leaving schools.
- Formulate and publicize agreed policies concerning administrative and educational problems with which heads of schools may from time to time be concern.
- Organize regular exchange of opinion and experience on all matters concerning the teaching profession, nationally and internationally.
- Enable members to assist one another in their dealings with the stakeholders.
- Participate in making education policies in liaison with the Ministry of Education and Teachers Service Commission.